Face to face appointments
Available in Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds. New and follow up consultations can now be booked by contacting the booking teams.
Covid 19 Information
Information for Rheumatology patients: your questions answered here
‘Found him very helpful, empathetic & informative. Clear explanation of condition, treatment & follow up plan. Appointment was punctual – but probably ran into next appointment time, however no sign of rushing me.’ Doctify Oct 2022
As a Specialist Rheumatologist I manage a wide range of musculoskeletal and inflammatory disorders.
I work in Private Practice at the BMI hospital in Bury St Edmunds and at the Spire hospital in Cambridge. From 1993 until retirement in 2019 I was an NHS Consultant Rheumatologist at the West Suffolk Hospital.
I manage the full range of Rheumatological problems including see ‘Conditions treated’ for more information. My special interest is the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of Rheumatoid, Psoriatic and all other forms of arthritis. I can advise on Osteoporosis and ‘Bone Health” and where appropriate can offer access to private Dexa scanning in Bury St Edmunds. You can read feedback from my patients at Doctify.com.
All clinic appointments, new and follow up, are booked for one hour to give plenty of time for assessment and explanation. I am happy to give patients my email address and mobile number and encourage them to contact me for advice or to discuss their care.
If you are uncertain if Rheumatology is the speciality you need you can send me a confidential email via the contact page.
‘I went to see Dr O’Reilly with chronic neck, shoulder and lower back pain. His communication throughout the whole process has been excellent and is always happy to answer any questions even through email. The consultation was informative and had good explanation of what is causing the chronic pain.’ October 2022 Doctify.com
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Over 25 years experience as Consultant in a busy Rheumatology department in Bury St Edmunds to 2019
- Named as a “Distinguished Member” by the British Society of Rheumatology, 2016
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- 1978 Degree in Medical Sciences and Pathology Jesus College Cambridge
- 1980 Qualified Cambridge University School of Medicine
- Trained in Medicine in Nottingham and Rheumatology in Manchester
- Appointed NHS Consultant Rheumatologist and Physician 1993
- Tricare Network preferred specialist provider
- GMC 2672661