‘Very happy with consultation at the Spire Cambridge yesterday. Dr. O’Reilly was Professional and friendly with great communication skills. Good explanation of diagnosis and treatments available. Highly recommend.’ Doctify Jan 2022
As a Specialist Rheumatologist I manage a wide range of musculoskeletal and inflammatory disorders.
I work in Private Practice at the BMI hospitals in Bury St Edmunds and Bedford, and at the Spire and Nuffield hospitals in Cambridge. From 1993 until retirement in 2019 I was an NHS Consultant Rheumatologist at the West Suffolk Hospital.
I manage the full range of Rheumatological problems including see ‘Conditions treated’ for more information. My special interest is the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of Rheumatoid, Psoriatic and all other forms of arthritis. I can advise on Osteoporosis and ‘Bone Health” and where appropriate can offer access to private Dexa scanning in Bury St Edmunds. You can read feedback from my patients at Doctify.com.
All clinic appointments are booked for one hour to give plenty of time for assessment and explanation. I am happy to give patients my email address and mobile number and encourage them to contact me for advice or to discuss their care.
If you are uncertain if Rheumatology is the speciality you need you can send me a confidential email via the contact page.
Extremely thorough questioning, physical examination and explanation – very pleasant bedside manner and put me at ease straight away. I was very impressed to receive a copy of the letter to my GP by email within a couple of hours. Altogether a very satisfactory consultation – thank you. December 2021 Doctify.com
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Over 25 years experience as Consultant in a busy Rheumatology department in Bury St Edmunds to 2019
- Named as a “Distinguished Member” by the British Society of Rheumatology, 2016
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- 1978 Degree in Medical Sciences and Pathology Jesus College Cambridge
- 1980 Qualified Cambridge University School of Medicine
- Trained in Medicine in Nottingham and Rheumatology in Manchester
- Appointed NHS Consultant Rheumatologist and Physician 1993
- Tricare Network preferred specialist provider
- GMC 2672661